Some would say God, but that would only scare a few. Others would say Abortion and that would scare a few on each side of the aisle. Some would say Guns this would be split with those who want more guns and others wanting severe limits. There are those out there would say Gays this scares most right wing folks.
But the most powerful word in politics is SOCIALIST. Hand down this scares most on of both parties. I'm betting that 99 out of `100 can't define the difference between a Socialist and a Democratic Socialist, they see the word Socialist in a candidates beliefs and they run screaming into the woods. I ain't voting for some damn Socialist.
Hence Bernie Sanders big problem. When you mention Sanders you get slammed with I don't want no socialist president .
Let's take a look at what you would get under a Sanders presidency.(assuming congress would pass his legislation)
1. Medicare for all with prescription drugs, dental and eye coverage.
2. A beefed up Social Security providing a livable wage.
3. Address income inequality.
4. Reign in the big banks.
5. Make war the last possible choice.
6. Bring back good paying jobs.
7. Climate Change is real and is partly man made
8.Believes in environmental protection.
9. Free State colleges.
10. Transaction Taxes to help fund the above.
11. On veterans , if we send them to war we need to care for them in the aftermath.
12. An immigration policy that gives dignity to all . Would limit severely H1B visas .
13.Reign in corporations , repeal Citizens United, end subsidies to big busienss.
14. Reinstate Glass Stegall.
15. Break up big banks.
16. Tax Wall Street speculators .
17. Public funding of elections.
18. Forgive all student loan debt.
19. A large infrastructure repair fund to fix our crumbling roads and bridges.
There's more and you can investigate on your own by going HERE
This is a very serious agenda which would be very difficult to pass most of this , but if given a congress that had the intention to move his agenda. The corporate money would be dropped from helicopters into DC to grease the skids against Bernie's proposal.
If only two of his proposals were adopted Medicare for all and removing student loan debt , and providing free college to all would free up our young to pursue a once proud middle class, with living wage jobs , a good medical plan, and a retirement plan out of the hands of corporations.
Now I know some of you will never look at Bernie as a candidate because you can't get passed the most powerful word in politics SOCIALIST.
LET ME HEAR YOUR OBJECTIONS TO HIS PLANS.