So it's time to see exactly what we have to look forward to the next couple years.
Here's a list of the priorities of the people:
1. Access to lower cost student loans--80% support.
2. Increase spending on infrastructure--75%
3. Raising the minimum wage--65%
4. Emergency funding for fighting Ebola in Africa--60%
5. Addressing climate change/reducing carbon emissions--59%
6. Building Keystone Pipeline--54%
Here's the republican to do list:
1. Authorize Keystone Pipeline.
2. Repeal ACA ("Obamacare")
3. Pass the "Hire More Heroes" (veterans) Act.
4. Pass Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement with Asia.
5. Lower corporate taxes.
6. Thwarting Obama on Immigration Executive Action.
7. Reign in the EPA and roll back environmental regulations.
It is plain to see that the newly elcected have an agenda that puts none of the electorates choices on the to do list. The item that appears on both lists is the Keystone pipeline and both sides are wrong on that choice.
A close look at the republican agenda if enacted will destroy what little is left of the middle class. The TPP alone will place the country at the whim of the world corporations and that means lower wages, benefits. Repealing Obamacare would remove health care from a wide rage of people who for the first time have health care. Lowering corporate taxes which are currently the lowest in history. Rolling back EPA regulations is exactly the wrong move. Immigration that Obama put in place by executive action they want to remove allowing families to be split up by deporting parents from children.
The hot button items on the republican , Removing Obamacare and Immigration change will be disrupting talk on items on the peoples list.
Of course they always have and are talking now of impeachment. Those three things will lock the wheels of congress up and nothing will be done exactly like the last six years. More of the same is the order of the day.